Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Epidemic

There is an epidemic in Miss Jana’s preschool class at San Tan Elementary School. No it is not the H1N1 Swine Flu. Fortunately. It is something else. We learned of it last week.

I walked Riley to her class after an early morning Doctor’s apt. last Friday. She was so excited to be at school. It is her most favorite thing. The greatest thing at school is …Jackson. Don’t know his last name, just that Riley loves him.

She talked about him all last year.

She talked about him all summer.

She has talked about him since school started.

She loves him.

In fact, the first week back to school she threw the biggest conniption on Tuesday since there was no school Wednesday. It took a good ten minutes for her to settle down. She thought there was going to be another long summer vacation and she wouldn’t get to see Jackson.

Anyway, when we got to her classroom, the aide, Miss Katrina, asked if Riley talks about Jackson. I replied that she did all the time. She and her teacher commented on her affection for him…and that she has been kissing him. I knew this because she had told me that she had kissed him at school. That kissing, evidently, has then splintered off among the other students, becoming an epidemic. Which has resulted in a kissing quarantine. They are all banned from kissing at preschool. Poor kids.
Riley and Jackson last May at the Water Day.
I don't know how he feels about her.



No, make that poor us…Riley at 16 is going to be loads of fun.

3 comments:

Mamacita said...

Don't worry Ingrid, you'll have a few years wehre boys have cooties!

Jen said...

That is so cute, Ing. I love the picture of Jackson looking a little stand-offish.

Amber Miskin said...

That's sooo cute!