Thursday, September 9, 2010

Taco Salad Demolition Derby

Caleb is two and a half, even though he looks and talks like he is at least four years old. I ofter forget that he is as young as he is and I get frustrated with him when he acts like the terrible two year old he really is. He can be very stubborn and willful, quite the opposite of the calm happy baby he once was. Part of this may be that he is now the middle child and has to wait or fight for my attention. (Depending on whatever his mood may be.)

Dinner can be a nightmare when he just plays with his food instead of eating. Forget utensils. Since I am a single mom five nights a week while Andy is at work, I have given up, for the sake of my sanity, on the battle of wills at dinner and let Caleb do his thing. Peace and harmony have returned to our mealtimes.

This is what it looks like when he has turned whatever we are eating into trucks and trailers and driven them over the table...

At least he eats his dinner if I say nothing about the mess he makes.
Needless to say, we won't be taking him out to eat anywhere that has tablecloths any time soon. I pray that his table manners will improve with time...

2 comments:

Mamacita said...

Oh Ingrid. This made me smile and reminded me of Christmas Story when the mom would do anything to get her littlest to eat. Hang in there!

LaurieW said...

Oh my, Ingrid. When you said play with his food I thought a little mess. WOW! That boy is seriously awesome at food demolition! Good luck to you, my dear ♥