Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween

Halloween was a fun day at our house. Riley revived her Elmo from last year and wanted Caleb to be Cookie Monster. So after sojourning to Joann's after Scout Round Table last month with my awesome visiting teacher and fellow Scout Leader, we left with a remnant of the perfect blue fuzzy fabric for only four bucks, a one dollar pattern and a package of foam balls for the eyes and I was ready to become domestic. Flash forward to last Wednesday. No costume yet and Halloween is Friday. Time to get booking. However, I can't find the pattern.... I put it in a safe place so Riley wouldn't play with it and you all know about safe places.
Anyway, I decide to wing it and freestyle it after Riley's Elmo costume (bought at Saver's last year for $2.50, so we are now at $1.25 per year!!!) Starting around 10 p.m . once the kids were finally down, I sewed until 1:30 a.m. (I kind of lost track of time, I was on a roll) As you can see, my efforts were not to bad. And it is big enough to be used next year!

The hood/hat was only on for the pictures. We will take what we can get.

Riley and her friend Sadie as Cindy Loo Whoo.
Caleb and his little buddy Dax.

Riley turning her best bud Spencer into Elmo. She took custody of his Fireman hat.Caleb is helping himself to the good stuff. He is no dummy.

2 comments:

Amy F. said...

Aawwe, I love the pictures! Dax and Caleb are such cute little buddies! You rock on those costumes girl. They are the cutest costumes. Funny, I bought Dax's like 2 months ago (6-12 month size) and it was already tight on the crotch area. Too funny. I like the "make it big enough to fit next year" idea!

Heidi said...

Love it! I think you are a great seamstress. You are hiding that talent! I bet he was a little warm. I could go for a cold Halloween!