It is official.
We are moving.
Next weekend...
Yikes!
What am I thinking?
That it is time to pack.
How did this come about, you ask. Let me tell you. Our landlord called last Monday and told us that she was going to sell the house and asked us if we wanted to buy it. After politely declining we then went into search mode. We realized that it would not be practical for us to stay in the house while it it on the market. With Andy working nights it would be too much to deal with staging for open houses and the like.
After much thought, prayer and searching we found a place. Unfortunately, we must leave our awesome ward and Riley will have to change schools but there are some definite pluses. The house is in Gilbert, about six miles away from us now, at Higley and Germann, right around the corner from Sonic! This house is on a cul de sac with parks nearby. It is a three bedroom, two bath one story with a formal living and dining room. I have wanted a house where the first thing you see is NOT toys for a long time. However, since I have no furniture for a living room and we will be short one bedroom, I believe it may just become the play room. Ironic, I know. There is a great room area and eat in kitchen and even a doggie door. The best feature is the backyard, a grass area and a pool!!!! This means that I can teach swim lessons from home next summer. Yahoo!!!! Riley will switch schools and school districts. However, the Higley School District's preschool is a four day a week program which should be great for her. It is also a little over a mile away from my sister, we will be in the same stake. We are excited about the house and the opportunities for us there.
In the meantime, boxes, boxes everywhere and still so much to pack.
Happy Thanksgiving!!! It is a good thing we celebrated early, when my parents were in town last weekend. A packing we will be.
6 comments:
I will miss you guys but I'm so excited for you!! Funny about the "toy room", it is pretty ironic. I hate all the toys in our living room too and it's the only living room we have. Do I see a housewarming party in the future?
SHUT UP! *shove*
I'm so excited for you, BUT NOOOOOOOO!
I'm so happy for you, sad for us. What can I do to help? Can you still be my visiting teacher?
We will miss you all so much! But we WILL stay in touch and do playdates and stuff. So happy for you and let me know what I can do to help ya out.
Moving is bittersweet. It's sad to leave old friends but exciting to start over fresh in a new place. Yea for the swim lessons in your pool! Can I hang out in the pool again while you teach my girls to swim?! Lots of luck to you, Ingrid!
Okay, so how on earth did you FIND me? That was such a delightful surprise to find in my e-mail today. Your family is adorable! Your kids are cute too;)
All right, you're totally going on my blog list!!!
Post a Comment