Well, we are 99% moved out of Emmett Dr. We had some awesome friends who helped us pack, move and clean. Their help was invaluable and we could not have done this without them.
I have come to the conclusion that I have way too much stuff. It is genetic and a curse. I come from a long line of hoarders or pack rats, whatever you like to call them. I fear that I may need something later even if I don't need it now. Hence, we moved a lot of stuff over to the new house. An awful lot. I have decided that as I unpack if I can't find a home for it or I have not used it in a while it will go bye bye. Fortunately, my husband does not have this gene and I am relying on him to remind me that I do not need to keep everything,
I do love the layout of this new house and I think that we will really enjoy it. However, with the chaos of a gazillion boxes still needing to be unpacked, we are missing out on the Christmas Spirit. Right now I am of the opinion of stacking the boxes into a tree shape, wrapping it in lights and waiting until Christmas to open. That way the kids could have Santa bring them the toys from the old house instead of getting new ones. What do you think?
I think it is time to unpack another box or two.
5 comments:
Ingrid, you are delightful. So Erma Bombeck like.
I have the opposite problem. I enjoy getting rid of things so much I'm constantly saying--why did I throw that out? Last night I wanted to read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and it appears it's been sent to Good Will. Perhaps I'm compensating for the Cresap in my house....hhhmmmm...At least he's an extremely organized hoarder. I'll just call him an "aquirer"
You're so funny! I love the box-tree idea, go with it. I'm glad you guys are all moved in but I'm sad you're not in our ward anymore. As soon as you get all unpacked I'll be waiting for my invite to your housewarming party...
YES, do it! I have discovered that kids like just about anything with Christmas lights on it.
Love the "regifted" Christmas idea. They'll never notice. Leave it in a box long enough, it will be Christmas everyday! An undisclosed person told me of your pack rattedness (is that a word?) Anyway, I defended you saying us military people keep everything because we get paid by weight when we move. She said, "They're not in the military anymore!" Funny! I can't even imagine how long it would take to pack up our house!
PS Sage and Riley were so excited to see each other tonight! Don't be a stranger. Congrats on the new house!
I admit the pack rattedness is bad but like I said, it is genetic. When my grandma downsized to 2400 sq ft they had to rent two storage units for the rest of her stuff...She lives alone. When it gets really bad Andy says, "Ok Cap Jr. (Cap is my dad) it is time to clear out." Then he helps me. I wish my OCD tendancies were for something else, like cleaning!
Post a Comment