I have not posted in a LONG TIME. I have been very BUSY and this has made me very TIRED. As a result I have spent my down time doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except hang with the kiddos. Sad to say that it shows (don't come to visit without calling first so I have time to straighten the living room.) Swim lessons all morning, then off to work after dropping the kids of at the sitter two days a week) and then back home for dinner and more swim lessons. Thank heavens for crock pots and husbands who can cook. Andy's days off are Thursday and Friday so I did not have to fix dinner, take care of the kids and get ready for work too. I have a little bit more breathing room those days. Andy tries to reclaim the house those days and then it is the weekend for me and my turn to reclaim what I can. The kids are beginning to return to school and my schedule may change some as I would like to keep teaching swim lessons for as long as possible. It had been much slower than I expected to fill the classes. Oh well, most everyone is suffering with the economy and we are no exception.
I do have some fun pictures to share when I finally get around to downloading them. Maybe I can get Andy to do that for me tomorrow... Then I can catch up on my posts. However there are some funny things I can share in the meantime.
RILEY has learned that if you are going to get sick it is handy to have a bowl nearby. One evening during dinner Caleb started coughing. Riley thought that he was going to be sick so she got up, ran to the cupboard and came back with a Tupperware bowl...just in case he needed it. She is so thoughtful.
Caleb's favorite activity is...unloading the dishwasher. Crazy kid, I know. He gets so excited when he helps, grabbing one item at a time and handing it up to you with a "HAH," like it is the greatest thing ever. He then claps for himself because he has accomplished something major. It is extremely helpful for Andy when he unloads, not so much for me when I reload as he does not discriminate between clean and dirty.
Caleb is also talking up a storm. After signing for milk when we get him out of the crib each morning, he wakes up thirsty, he says "I want show." This kid likes his early morning cartoons, just like his dad did when he was younger. I know he doesn't get this from me as I grew up without TV.
Speaking of TV, Riley has mastered most of the electronics in the house. No make that the electronics in the family room, i.e. the TV and the computer. She can now choose whatever channel she wants, no longer needing us to get it on Noggin, Sprout or PBS. I think she could compete with the boys on flipping channels between shows. It drives me nuts and we have cut back on TV time considerably. She has also mastered the computer. She can get on the Internet, find her web pages, play games and color pictures and then go to the family blog and check out her friends and cousins from those links. Crazy skills that four year old has. It makes for summer fun!!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update Ingrid...it really does sound like you've been busy. Enjoy those little ones!
Post a Comment