I have a post somewhat ready to update everyone on my delinquent blogging. You will have to wait a little longer. However to update you all on our latest happenings I need to let you know the countdown is wrong.
I was scheduled for a C-section tomorrow, May 22. Needless to say, I did not make it. This is no surprise to those who know me and my pregnancy issues. It wasn't like this at all this time. I was not on bed rest. I even worked 20 hours last week, my normal schedule. In fact they had a surprise shower for me at work on Friday. Totally not expected but extremely appreciated.
On Sunday I started having contractions. They are different from Braxton Hicks because they HURT. A LOT. They kept me up late and got me up early, like 3:30. Andy came and joined me at 4 and at 4:30 I called my visiting teacher to see if we could drop the kids off. I was not going to wait this out anymore. She came at five so we wouldn't have to get the kids up. (Awesome, I know) We got to the hospital at 5:20 and we were promptly ushered into triage. I was really in labor and it sucks. I experienced things that I had never experienced before; like painful contractions that last, the bloody show (why is it called that? it is been 5+ years since my childbirth class and I have forgotten), dilating and I was 50 % effaced. Crazy, I know. Since I already had two C-sections my labor needed to end soon. (Or I was not going to last a lot longer)
Lucky for me the Scheduled 7:30 C-section had delivered last week. I was there to accommodate the gap in their morning and I was delighted that I would not have to wait much longer. Even better than filling the gap was that the Dr. on call that day was Dr. Partridge, one of the founders of the practise and an OB with 30+ years of experience.
There is more to tell but I am tired.
In a nutshell, Dallin James Burwell was born on May 17 at 7:52 after a gestation of 37 weeks and 2 days. He weighed in at 7 lb
s 15 oz and was 21 3/4 inches long. He is a blend of Riley and Caleb and really cute.
s 15 oz and was 21 3/4 inches long. He is a blend of Riley and Caleb and really cute. This picture is not that great. We took it with our cell phone. We will post more later. Introducing Baby Dallin.
6 comments:
Oh my goodness!! He is adorable! I'm so glad everything went well. Can't wait to see more of him!
Oh wow! He really is a perfect blend of Riley and Caleb! How CUTE!
He is so stinkin' cute. Congratulations to you and your family. How are the big sis and brother getting along with the new babe?
COOOOOOOOONGRAAAAAAATUUUUUULAAAAAATIIIOOOOOONSSSSSS!!!!! SO glad you were able to get in for the C-section. Hope you are all doing well ♥♥♥
Just got back from the cruise and found out! He looks like Grammy so adorable!
Congrats Burwell family! He is wonderful. Good job mama!
Post a Comment