Wednesday, September 3, 2008

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Why do I do this to myself?

It is late.

I am blogging.

About poop, no less.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Riley had not pooped for several days. Andy is a star and gets her out of her pull-up after her nap before she poops. We are hoping to ensure a successful poop on the toilet session before she turns 5.

Anyway, tonight she still hadn't pooped and I had hoped we might luck out again. She started showing all the signs and I got excited. When she began to walk funny I raced her to the potty. She did not want to sully the Elmo potty and chose to sit on the big toilet with the Sesame Street toilet seat. So we sat...I offered an icec ream bribe and we sat... and sat and got a tiny bit. All during this time I am also trying to get a fussy baby down as well. Riley said she was done so I got her down and cleaned her up. (There was more on her bum than anywhere else.) I knew there was more but I thought we might have more luck upstairs. It was cooler for one thing and we could get ready for bed. So after she had a spoonful of ice cream to reward the tiny amount of poop we went upstairs. Riley wanted me to carry her and of course, I refused. At the top she started getting distressed and again I raced her to the toilet, determined to wait her out. So we sat... I offered a bribe, sleep in mommie's bed tonight if she pooped in the potty (I was that desperate to have her go. It is after 10 and I want to go to bed.)... and we sat...and sat some more. I end up laying on the floor, hoping that she will give in or let go or overcome whatever mental block she has about pooping in the toilet. I gave her encouragement, things to squeeze, sound effects, water. All to no aval.

Finally, I gave in. I gave her the pull up she had been begging for just to get her to go so I could go to bed. By now it was 10:30ish. I actually threw it into her in the bathroom and went into the office to check emails. If she wanted a pull-up she could put it on herself. And she did.
She then proceeded to stand right outside the office and got excited because she was going poop.

And she did.

For a good ten to fifteen minutes.

Three days worth.

Of poop.

It was alot.

A whole lot.

And Andy was not here to clean it up.

Crap...

It was a mess.

I cleaned Riley up and put her in bed with no stories. It was 11:03 p.m. and way past her bedtime. I checked on her at 11:30 and ambushed her with the camera. She was not sleeping.

I will post the pics later because it is now 11:45 pm and I am up way too late.

Blogging.

About poop.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

5 comments:

Clint said...

You know that saying about humor coming from someone else's pain? It's true. This whole blog is a treatise in parental torture.

And I laughed so hard I about peed myself.

Three days of poop. hehehe.

Maddy said...

Oh man! THE POOP! I remember trying to bribe Nate to poop on the potty. It was not pretty. I bribed him with every toy possible. I don't even know what did it, but one day he went poop on the potty and then started cheering about all the toys he was going to get. HA HA!

Good luck! And sorry you had to clean it all up yourself :(

Casey said...

I wouldn't even worry about it. Brady did that too, he would ask for a diaper if he had to poop. I would always offer the toilet of which he would refuse and then I'd put a diaper on him. And eventually he started to go in the potty but it was when HE was ready. She'll get it.

Heidi said...

You have been tagged. GO to my blog and see.

Amy F. said...

Hey, ya gotta post what ya gotta post! That is exactly why I'm trying not to stress about Dax now... I'm saving it for when he's two or three years old!
And as much pity as I felt for you it was hard not to laugh when reading that. But boy I bet Riley felt MUCH better ;).