I should not blog late at night. It is the only time I really have for this but as I read my last entry I realize that I make errors. For those who were confused by my last entry, I don't blame you. Between the late night and the computer challenges, I left off half the blue ice cream story. So for those inquiring minds, here it is again with the rest of the story...
She decided on it several months ago and it has been much talked about and encouraged but never seen. On Sunday, she saw one of her friends from nursery go poop in the big potty and it made an impression on her. At least she realized Embree did not fall in so maybe she wouldn't either. Anyway, Monday night while in Tucson she had to go potty while we were swimming. I took her to the bathroom with no success. I knew she really had to go when she brought me the diaper we had taken off Caleb prior to putting on his swim diaper. Refusing to do so, I proceeded to take her to the bathroom a dozen more times with no success. Giving up, we went back to the campsite as the pool closed. Knowing she was desperate, I did not put her pull up on. I was determined to wait her out. After all, she was not even walking normally. We were talking around the campfire and cooking s'mores when Riley starts calling me, "Mama, Poop." She sounded a little distressed and sure enough, Riley couldn't hold it any longer. I rushed to her and was able to place her on her Elmo potty just in the nick of time. Poop in the potty by default but poop in the potty no less. We will take it however we can get it.
Has it been repeated? Not really. I had hoped we broke through that barrier but no such luck. Does anyone know the record for kids holding it in? She waits until we put the naptime pull up on but there are times when she will go a couple of days without going. Those are the times that I hope she goes when I am at work and Andy gets to talk care of it!
2 comments:
My first time visiting your blog. Some really fun pictures. I see that you keep yourself really busy. Good job on the canning.
That's one determined little girl you got there! Don't worry, she won't go to kindergarten in diapers...at least that's what I tell myself! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment