Riley has been semi-potty trained for a while. This meant she would panties and pee whenever she needed with no problems and no accidents. We will not discuss going #2. Then she started having problems WHEN she was going potty. It was as if she couldn't get there in time. Riley would disappear to go potty and then back bare bottomed. Her pants and panties were wet on the floor. Confused, I sanitized the floor a lot and washed a lot of clothes. However, I couldn't figure out what was happening until I saw what was happening with my own eyes.....
Let me preface this explanation with a little background. Last month I spent a couple of days watching the children of a sister at church who was on bed rest. Her children are three and four, the perfect age for Riley to play with. The kids had a blast, we went to the park, played with play dough, colored, painted, used sidewalk chalk....you name it. In fact, Riley cried when Mason and Parker went home each time because she did not want them to leave..
While the boys were here Riley decided that she could go potty like they did...standing up. And so she did, until I recently caught her in the act. Trying to stradle her ELMO toilet and pee.
And then the light turned on. I knew why there were so many accidents at the potty. Since that discovery, we have had daily reminders that girls sit to go potty and she is a girl. Only boys can stand and go potty standing up. She is now sitting to go potty again and I am doing less laundry.
6 comments:
Yeah Riley! Good detective work Ingrid! We miss you guys. Hope you are enjoying the new place.
That is too funny. We miss you! Lets get together sometime. I'll call you.
Too funny!
Well good thing you got that one figured out! But really funny!
3 year olds...what are we going to do with them??
Hhhhmmm...just this past summer Talmage was shocked and amazed to find out why girls sit when peeing. "Girls don't have penises? I did NOT know that!"
That's way too funny Ingrid! I didn't know you guys had a blog, or I'd have been on a long time ago! Thanks for lending us Andy to help...he is such a great help. I think we still have your dolly now that I think of it...I guess I'll have to remind Jon to take it back!
Post a Comment