Thursday morning I will take Riley into Banner Desert Surgical Center where her pediatrician's husband, the boy Dr. McKenna , will put tubes in her ears. She has had chronic ear infections since last October and we are hoping that this will end it. She even had an ear drum rupture in January with no outward symptoms.
Even more so we are hoping that her hearing will improve. She is constantly saying, "Huh?" whenever we talk to her. In conjunction with the hopefully improved hearing, we are hoping that it will open the door to her speech. She has made tremendous strides, especially over the last few months. Riley is a bright little girl and so it must be so frustrating for her when we can not understand what she is trying to tell us. It is always so exciting when she tells something and we get it.
So, needless to say we are looking forward to Thursday post surgery and the miracles that could occur with tubes in her ears.
Or we could just enjoy having less ear infections.
Either way it is win, win. Post surgery. I don't want to think about the pre-op.
6 comments:
Good luck Riley, we'll be thinking of you! (mom too)
Best wishes to Riley and you all...hopefully this will help in so many areas! :) We'll make sure we pray for you.
Brady's speech improved the day he got his tubes put in!! They've fallen out in the last year and we're wondering if he doesn't need them back in because he always says "what?"...it drives us insane!
Ingrid, what an ordeal you have been through. I really believe that this will help her so much! As I said, it worked for my niece and he speech improved like that very day! What a nice relief this will be for Riley. Good luck!!
I hope it helps her! Good luck to all of you.
Ok, a little late to comment but it's been a while since I played blog stalker. Anyway! We love Dr. McKenna. I subbed in as his nurse a few times when I worked for Dr. Engel (another ENT). If you see him again soon if he remembers tell him I said Hi. Tell him I am the one with the brother with the same birthday, he'll know.
Post a Comment