Monday, Riley returned to school. In order to get ready we did a couple of things to prepare. We went to meet the teacher last week so she could check out her new classroom and meet her new teacher. She was hesitant for 30 seconds and then went into discovery mode checking everything out. I was really impressed when I showed her the cubbies where the backpacks go. They were labeled with names waiting for pictures of the kids so they know where their stuff goes. I asked her to find her cubby, wanting to know what she would do. I was amazed when after perusing the names for a moment she pointed to her name. She can't say it, (She calls herself Ieiy) but she can read it. We are in for amazing things with her once she starts speaking. We also bought her a new school outfit that she picked out herself. It is blue, of course. I snapped a couple of pics to memorialize the first day back.
I asked her to smile...
A nicer smile???
The new outfit. It is a 3T and has room to grow.
Not so happy on the bus. Hopefully, Wednesday will be better. She got home and said she wanted to go again so we will see. I got to thinking and got a little depressed when I realized that by the time she graduates from high school, Riley will have attended school for 14 1/2 years. At least she will have a great time with 2 1/2 years of preschool prior to kindergarten.
I asked her to smile...
A nicer smile???
The new outfit. It is a 3T and has room to grow.
Not so happy on the bus. Hopefully, Wednesday will be better. She got home and said she wanted to go again so we will see. I got to thinking and got a little depressed when I realized that by the time she graduates from high school, Riley will have attended school for 14 1/2 years. At least she will have a great time with 2 1/2 years of preschool prior to kindergarten.
4 comments:
Oh, she looks so sweet/sad in that last picture. Thats the kind of face that makes it hard to ever let them out of your sight. But she is getting to be such a big girl and learning so much. Have a great school year!
Oh the last one makes me cry! Oh I do hope she cheered up quick. Love the smile! So adorable.
Finally added you! I love her in that color!!!
Love her new outfit! She looks so heartbreakingly cute in that last pic.
Post a Comment