Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Riley and "Mama"

Riley loves my mom. She is one of her most favorite people. Since she is unable to say Grammy, Riley calls her "Mama" which makes complete sense. I call her mom, so why shouldn't she? Unfortunately, mom lives in California and Riley is not able to see her as often as she would like. This weekend we had a surprise visit from her, (she drove down with a friend who came to visit her granddaughter) and Riley was in seventh heaven. They snuggled, read stories, colored and just hung out. It broke her heart when we took her to my sister's house in Gilbert so Grammy could visit other grandkids. The whole way home she cried, "I want mama, I want mama." Monday night was joyous as we went to my sisters for a FHE pool party. It was the best of everything, "Mama," swimming, and cousins. She had a blast. And then it was time to go. Again on the way home the mantra, "I want mama, I want mama." She will be a very happy camper next month when Grammy and Papa come for a longer visit. Life is good.

Mama is the best!

Giving kisses.Riley is in to styling her hair, hence the cool bangs.Pics with Caleb.Trying to look at the same thing.
Getting to Caleb to look at the camera.

Cheese!

Looking serious, for one second.



3 comments:

AZ Hey-mon said...

Sounds like a fun visit!

Janel said...

I Love Riley's new haircut!! She looks so grown up! Sorry I am giggling about the pooping, I'm so sorry for you!! Is your baby seriously that big?? All the hair!

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

I didn't realize how much you look like your mom. Such cute pictures. So glad that your mom was able to come visit and babysit so we could sell scout o rama tickets.